REVIEW+SWATCHES: Bite Beauty Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche Lipsticks

If you're like me, you can't get enough of the brown lip trend, especially now that it's Fall. Bite Beauty (and Sephora) have completely delivered when it comes to brown lipsticks because right now, these lipsticks I'm sharing from the Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche line are 50% off on Sephora! (If they aren't right now, they just keep coming back in stock, so no worries.)


The shades that I have are (L-R) Portobello, Porcini, and Cremini. These are limited edition shades, according to Sephora's website, including the shade Enoki (which seems a little light for me, so I decided not to buy it).

Now for some logistics:

Cost: Originally $26, like the rest of the Amuse Bouche lipsticks. I got these for $13 on sale on Sephora.com, and they are still on sale!

Product Amount: 0.15 oz/ 4.35 g. Pretty standard amount of product - a MAC lipstick has 0.1 oz/ 3 g. 

Shades: The Edgy Neutrals line has 8 shades in total. These are the same as the rest of the Amuse Bouche lipsticks in every other aspect except for the shades. All of the Amuse Bouche lipsticks have a cream finish. They also have a sweet mint scent that I think is really enjoyable, and it is not too strong of a scent for me. I don't see any inconsistencies between shades.

I have Portobello (rich, dark, neutral brown), Porcini (warm caramel, almost mustardy, medium-dark brown), and Cremini (cool medium-dark brown). 

(L-R) Portobello, Porcini, Cremini

Individual Shade Reviews:

Portobello: Flattering for ANY skin tone and definitely the most versatile shade. Very rich and pigmented (even my boyfriend was impressed when I first swatched it LOL). It's probably the most true, neutral brown you can get!

Porcini: Probably my favorite of the bunch. I have a fairly strong yellow undertone and would only recommend this shade for those of you who have a warm undertone. Since I wear warm eyeshadows also, this shade is really flattering on me. Just forewarning, though, it can look mustardy if you have a cool or even neutral undertone. 

Cremini: In the swatches, it seems like it's really similar to Porcini. But it is definitely cool-toned to the point of being a bit unflattering on me. I think this is a more popular shade than Porcini because you can work it if you have neutral or cool undertones. Personally don't love it on me, but go for it if you like cool browns!

I wanted to compare the shades to some other brown lip colors that I own, in case you own these too and need a comparison! (And because I'm really extra!) (Sorry for the non-uniform swatches!)

(Top-Bottom) BB Cremini, BB Porcini, BB Portobello, Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip (Tansy), Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip (Point Zero), Colourpop Matte X Lippie Stix (Hollywood Blvd), Milani Color Statement Matte Lipstick (Matte Beauty) (I thought it was more brown lmao), Colourpop Lippie Pencil (Taurus), Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick (Knock on Wood)

As you can see, none of these shades are really identical, so I'm really glad to add these to my collection. Though, if I'm being honest, Portobello may be the most dupe-able because a lot of brands are coming out with dark, neutral browns nowadays.


Bottom Line:
Overall, I would highly recommend these lipsticks! Whichever shade I recommend would just be up to your preference/skin tone, but they are all consistent in quality. The formula is creamy, smooth, and very pigmented. They also smell great, which is a bonus for me. 
The only con I can think of is that dark colors are more high maintenance to wear in such a creamy formula. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with day-to-day wear, but if your hair gets stuck in your lipstick and drags across your face? You might have a problem. They're obviously not transfer proof, so the lipstick will start coming off when you eat. Those are problems that come with any cream lipstick, though, so it doesn't stop me from wearing these!

Let me know how you feel about these shades and if you have your favorites from the Amuse Bouche line! I am definitely planning on buying more in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder